We believe the connective tissue for this new world is intelligent data, which is why the theme of the year is Augmented Intelligence. A full day will be dedicated to examine how intelligent data can augment our lives and what this means for our cities, our workplace and our private life. Keynote speakers include Risto Siilasmaa, Michael Capellas, KK Wong, Marcus Weldon, Amy Wilkinson, and many more. Full agenda and speaker line-up can be found here and here is a sneak-peak at the three sections of the day.
The speakers cover how transportation-as-a-service improves commutes and alters traffic management, the rise of the concierge economy as autonomous systems lower local service costs and the re-engineering of our cities. The speakers for this segment represent the government, the enterprise and the consumer.
- Jay Walder, CEO of Motivate and former head of the mass transit authority in New York and in London during the London Olympics
- Jens Kramer Mikkelsen, CEO of CPH City & Port, Chairman of Innovation City Copenhagen and former Lord Mayor of Copenhagen from 1989 to 2004
- Nir Erez, CEO of Moovit, which offers a smart commute app used by more than 10M users daily in over 1800 cities worldwide
- Scott Kubly, Head of Seattle’s Department of Transportation, an early adopter of local smart commute and bike sharing in the US
- Gillian Gillette, Director of Transportation, Mayor Lee's office, San Francisco
- Uwe Higgins, Managing Partner at BMW Ventures and former head of BMW Group’s US technology office
- Emily Castor Warren, Director of Transportation Policy, Lyft
In this segment, the speakers cover how repurposing and retraining the workforce as intelligent systems overtake traditional jobs and create new ones, as well as how augmented intelligence enables new business models.
- Michael Capellas, Chairman, Capellas Partners. Former CEO of Compaq and board member of Flex, Cisco, Mulesoft, JDA and Solace Systems
- Marianne Wu, Managing Director, GE Ventures
- Marcus Weldon, President, Bell Labs
- Risto Siilasmaa, Nokia Chairman
- Nitin Narkhede, General Manager of Emerging Technologies and Innovation, Wipro
- Aleksandr Yampolskiy, founder and CEO, Security Scorecard
- Max Yankelevich, CEO Workfusion
- Ed Abbo, Co-Founder & CTO, C3IoT
- Basil Alwan, President of IP/Optical Networks, Nokia
Augmented Digital Life
We are pleased to have many thought and innovation leaders discuss enhancing our daily lives through better healthcare options that reduce cost, the next frontier of digital entertainment as well as how connectivity augments our home.
- Sam Adams, Senior Fellow, IBM Research
- Bruce Brown, Board member, Nokia and former CTO of Procter & Gamble
- Scott Moody, CEO, K4Connect
- Pramod Khincha, CTO, Vida Health
- David Utley, President and CEO, Carrot Inc.
- David Selinger, CEO, Deep Sentinel
More information about the event can be found on the World of Connections website. Although this is a closed doors event, we have deliberately kept 20 slots open for enthusiasts wanting to share this day with us. To request an invitation, click here.